EASSI Gender Equality Statement
EASSI’s work aims at contributing to the changing of the unfair power relations based on gender; to the equal exercise of rights for all people independently of gender or sexual identity; and to the changing of patriarchal structures.
According to EASSI, gender equality means that women and men should have the same rights and opportunities to shape and influence their own lives and the communities in which they live. In order to achieve this, EASSI strives to change patriarchal structures and unjust power relationships based on gender.
EASSI struggles to achieve this by focusing on women’s political and social participation, economic empowerment, the right to live a life free from violence, people’s right to make decisions, without coercion.
We work with our partner organizations for:
- Fulfilment of women’s rights, by influencing decision-makers to live up to their promises and the international conventions they have ratified.
- Women’s political participation, by promoting affirmative action mechanisms for women in politics.
- Economic empowerment of women, by supporting the development and implementation of public economic policies and programmes that empower women.
- Women, peace and security, by promoting women’s equal participation and full involvement in peace building initiatives and peace processes.
- Combating gender based violence (GBV), by promoting awareness among rights holders and duty bearers of the root causes and consequences of GBV.
- Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights (SRHR), by creating awareness among rights holders and duty bearers of existing rights and obligations according to international human rights law.
- Men and boys for gender equality, by promoting the involvement of men in combating violence against women.
In case of Violation, please contact:
You may also like: Our Impact