We work with our partner organisations to attain:
- The Fulfilment of Women’s Rights by influencing decision-makers to live up to their promises and the international conventions they have ratified.
- Active Women’s Political Participation by promoting affirmative action mechanisms for women in politics.
- Women’s Economic Empowerment by supporting the development and implementation of public economic policies and programmes that empower women.
- Peace and Security for Women by promoting women’s equal participation and full involvement in peace building initiatives and peace processes.
- A Society Free of Gender-Based Violence (GBV) by promoting awareness among rights holders and duty bearers of the root causes and consequences of GBV. Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights (SRHR) by creating awareness among rights holders and duty bearers of existing rights and obligations according to international human rights law. Gender Equality for Men and Boys by promoting the involvement of men in activities that enhance women’s empowerment.
Through our thematic areas, we envision a transformed society where all people enjoy gender equality, social justice, peace and development within Eastern Africa and beyond. EASSI’s programmes benefit all women, member organisations, youth, state agencies and regional bodies responsible for advancing the rights of women and promoting gender equality and equity.